Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fished today on the James River with John. Put in at deep bottom and found water temps of 39 to 40 degrees. So upriver we headed to the barge pits in the hot water discharge. Towards the back we found water as warm as 60 degrees. John had his favorite little fire tiger bait on what started putting a hurting on me early with a fury of small bass. Before we came out of the back I managed a nice 2+ pounder. We turned the corner and into the barge graves we went. Found several nice fish in their and lost some REALLY nice ones. Someone please tell me how so many crankbait fish get off. I mean there are 6 hook points on these things, WTF!

It was nice to feel the heat of the sun and even better to share it with a great guy in John. We had a blast and I hope we can do it again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment